Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Friday, August 31, 2007

CHECKING IN

I did my first talk last night at the Trades Club in Hebden Bridge. This afternoon Dave Webb and I take the train to London for the Star Wars confab on Saturday. Long time resister Helen John was there last night. She and Sylvia Boyes go on trial soon for walking onto the U.S. spy base at Menwith Hill in violation of the new "anti-terrorism" law. They face one year in jail.

I'm still waiting for my big bag containing all my literature and books. It was not on the plane when I arrived in the UK - it's amazing that one bag gets on the plane but not the other. Might have been because it weighed ten tons and they decided the extra weight would make the plane crash.

Dave and his wife Lesley took me for a great walk yesterday afternoon through a beautiful wooded park nearby their home in Leeds. I rarely get to go on such walks when I travel so it was much appreciated.

The poster above is advertising one of my talks in Wales. If you read the caption, it pretty much sums up what my speeches are about. It's amazing what you can say in just a few words. (Click on it to read it.)

People here are wondering if Bush is going to attack Iran. They are also wondering how their new Prime Minister Gordon Brown is going to come down on all these issues - will be maintain the recent tradition of being the lap dog of the American empire?

When I talk about how the Democrats are refusing to really take on Bush they nod and say their Labor party is just the same. Further evidence of corporate takeover of virtually all governments around the world. You hear the same story no matter where you travel these days. Time for global democracy movement to step it up.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home